About fiatec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About fiatec

So the administrator has said a few times that we can say/ask what we want so here goes.
    FiaTec was a great site but SuperScorp started getting a little pissy towards the end. I'm curious as to why he expected the members to start paying and why the vendors didn't step up and start covering the expenses. Also I think it was kind of shitty that Scorp didn't pass along all the tech info from the site!!!
    THERE, I SAID IT

Originally posted by jerseyboy View Post
    So the administrator has said a few times that we can say/ask what we want so here goes.
    FiaTec was a great site but SuperScorp started getting a little pissy towards the end. I'm curious as to why he expected the members to start paying and why the vendors didn't step up and start covering the expenses. Also I think it was kind of shitty that Scorp didn't pass along all the tech info from the site!!!
    THERE, I SAID IT
    I can easily see why EC didn't want to support his forum - he runs a competing storefront! ...

Between this and the Broken Fiat Club forum, I think we can rebuild everything that's needed. I can tell you from personal experience having started the other new forum, that running a forum is NOT expensive and complaints about the massive amounts of money it costs are total bunk. If it costs you a lot of money to run a forum the size of a Fiat community, then you're doing something seriously, seriously wrong.

Comment

He never asked us to pay a fee. I pay a fee on the blue forum. He just assumed because we didn’t go running to him with $100 bills in hand that we refused. The guy “assumed” the worst without actually doing anything. Plus, I believe he knew there would have to be changes in terms of his site if he charged other vendors because it would have definitely been a conflict interest. It’s like asking NGEN to pay and advertise on the madness forum (is that even active?). Just wouldn’t make sense.

Comment

What I find truly ironic about that whole debacle is the fact that Fiattech was initially started with the sole purpose of it NOT being vendor supported. He and Giuseppe never wanted vendor involvement so that the forum could stay "unbiased", unlike the Blue forum which everyone was mass-exiting due to their obvious relationship with Madness. Fast forward several years later, the CO-OWNER of the forum, Lorenzo, decides that he wants money to keep it alive and expects the vendors to just magically step up and offer him some $$$. This whole thing went down without a single conversation with the other co-owner of the forum and just like that, POOF, the forums dead and gone.

It's a real shame since it had such valuable information there, but life goes on.

Comment

Working...
        X